Subject: Re: Long recordings - Audible books

Re: Long recordings - Audible books

Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 09:00:19 -0800

Just so I understand.
1. You take a 140mb MP3 and cut it into smaller files (45 minutes each).
2. While you are playing them, you bookmark the file and stop playing it.
3. You then start the file up again using the bookmark, at which point the
file starts. After a bit, audio stops playing, but the rockbox continues
ticking off time.
4. At some point, the rockbox skips to the next file and sound picks up again.

Is this the correct sequence of steps? Can I get one of the 45 minute MP3
files to see if I can dup the problem?

I listen to audio books as one long continuous MP3 (if it's a converted
audible.com file and some CDs) or as a series of smaller tracks (depending on
the CD) and use bookmarks (which is why I wrote the patch) to sav my
positions. I haven't experienced your issue, which makes me think it's either
a studio player issue or a problem with the MP3.

Ben

On Wed, 21 May 2003 12:16:24 -0400, Jonah, Jim wrote