Subject: Re: Text viewer with word wrap and scrollbar

Re: Text viewer with word wrap and scrollbar

From: Jean Boullier <jean.boullier_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 20:39:28 +0200

Garrett,
I have jumped on your viewer with great interest and expectations and I
can tell you that it is much interesting. However there is something
that I have not been able to do so far, that is find a combination of
settings which would show a file as the current official viewer does,
i.e. respecting a one-for-one line display. I have written a basic Help
file for recorders and what I wish I could do is to quickly browse the
file as with a normal daily build, and then, when I think I have found
the good line, switch to a word wrap display to read the whole "article"
comfortably.

My first impression is that it is supposed to be possible except that
the one-for-one display might be slightly buggy, i.e. it goes on
breaking the longest lines while it should not. To see what I mean try
my file Help-JBR.txt <http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jmb-data/Help-JBR.txt> and
see if you can avoid breaking the following lines:
- UP/DOWN in CONTROLS (GENERAL)
- QUEUE in FILE MENU
- LEFT in KEY CONTROLS FOR THE WPS
- CREATE A PLAYLIST... in ??? HOW TO...

If you can fix this that would certainly encourage me go on working on
Quick-Help files...

Cheers. Jean B