Subject: Re: I'm unable to make a decision; please decide for me.

Re: I'm unable to make a decision; please decide for me.

From: planet77 <planet77_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 23:05:39 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack" <jack_at_sylviawebster.f2s.com>
To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 10:34 PM

> I haven't tried MP3-Pro, but I have the understanding it makes normal .MP3
files which just compressed better. You only need standard MP3 support to
play it back. Is this not correct?

Hello..

No - I think you can play them with any mp3 player, but the 'better' quality
is only there when you have a 'mp3pro' plugin in your mp3 player. Winamp
supports mp3pro, but I think it is really the worst MP3 thing that was ever
invented. In my opinion it sounds bad, I prefer a good encoded 128 kb/s
before an mp3pro file.

Have a nice day
Fred