Subject: Re: cvs: apps settings.c,1.152,1.153

Re: cvs: apps settings.c,1.152,1.153

From: Kjell Ericson <Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 12:24:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Björn Stenberg wrote:

> > Moved the settings for jump scroll to a more correct place.
>
> It would be nice if you compressed the info to less than two bytes as well.

I think many settings in the configuration table could be changed in this
manner. Shouldn't we/somebody look at all settings and shrink the table?
Making special code for each setting will cost more code than we gain in
memory, and the settings area has 0x70 bytes left so there is no hurry there.

Or are you just more annoid that recorder owner lost two bytes? My first
vision was to to put the jump scroll settings where the font-name is laid (no
fonts in the player), but the font-responsible didn't ifdef any of his code
That would in my eyes gain a lot more space (but I didn't want to be first
with overloading settings).

> the second value could be compressed into 5 bits by using 10-tick units
> instead of ticks.

...I just stole the format from "scroll delay" (not saying I can change, just
explaining that I'm follow the path of others).

  // Kjell