Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Dynamic playlists
From: Hardeep Sidhu <hardeeps_at_pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 01:19:04 -0700
I've submitted an implementation of dynamic playlists to the Sourceforge
patch tracker at:
=44306 (see below for more info). For those of you interested in trying
this feature, compiled binaries are available at:
Description from Sourceforge:
Attached patch implements dynamic playlists -- Individual tracks,
directories (non-recursive) and playlists can be:
1) Inserted - added after current playing track
2) Appended - added to end of playlist
3) Queued - same as inserted except track is deleted after it has been
4) Queue appended - queued at end of playlist
into the current playing playlist from the ON+PLAY menu. The number of
tracks that can be added is limited by the max playlist size. Support has
also been added for deleting tracks from the playlist although it's
currently only used internally for removing queued tracks (it'll be more
useful once a playlist viewer is implemented). Finally, the current dynamic
playlist (excluding queued tracks) can be saved to disk (playlist
options->save dynamic playlist).
The majority of the changes are in the playlist code but there are minor
changes throughout the app modules. Highlights include:
- The queue file has been replaced with a playlist control file
(/.rockbox/.playlist_control) that contains all the commands applied to the
playlist (see comments in playlist.c for description of commands and format
- The only resume info now stored in the config block is the resume index
and offset as everything else is saved in the control file.
- Several new APIs have been added to the playlist module and a few others
have been changed/removed (NOTE: the bookmarking patch is currently
incompatible with this patch because of the changes).
- A playlist menu has been created off of the main menu. It currently
contains "Create Playlist" and "Save Dynamic Playlist".
- Insert/Append/Queue added to ON+PLAY menu for mpa and m3u files as well as
- I've attached a separate patch for the uisimulator changes required. This
patch is incomplete as, even though everything builds, it outputs warnings
and hasn't been tested except for win32.
A lot of the credit should go to ricII as the implementation is based on his
Received on 2003-05-30