Subject: Feature suggestion : sound Modes

Feature suggestion : sound Modes

From: Calvin <calvinz_at_ifrance.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:43:23 +0200

Hello the rockbox team,

First of all I wanted to congratulate you for the great work you've been
doing since the beginning of this project. I only use rockbox on my Archos
JBR20, and there's no way I could go back to the original Archos firmware
now...

I often use my jukebox in my car, using a cassette adapter, and there's one
thing really annoying : I always have to increase the volume to about 75-80%
each time I plug it in this adapter in order to get any sound. But I also
use my jukebox before sleeping, and then I have to decrease it to about
50%... I also have to decrease the Loudness feature in my car unless I want
to get a noisy sound from the speakers...

That's why I wondered if it was possible to add a "modes" feature in the
rockbox firmware : like mobile phones with ringtones, we could configure
modes such as "Sleep", "Hi-Fi" or "Car", with volume and sound settings for
each of them. I don't know if this was suggested earlier or has even been
planned for the next releases of the Rockbox, but I think it could be a
great feature to add...

Thanks again for everything, and keep up the good work guys !

Calvin

(Sorry for my bad english ;))