Subject: Soldering the Archos?

Soldering the Archos?

From: TP Diffenbach <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:16:46 -0400

I wish (well, okay, I haven't much choice but to) do some soldering and
de-soldering on my Archos. Specifically, I want to de-solder and then resolder the
six contact points that connect the Archos circuit board to the backplate. As I
understand, some of these are merely structural, and some are electrical as well.

What sort of equipment do I need to do this.

Will a 15-watt soldering iron suffice, or should I get something more (less?)
powerful?

Thanks,
Tom
--