Subject: Re: Soldering the Archos?

Re: Soldering the Archos?

From: Joris van den Heuvel <joris.bass_at_planet.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:05:28 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael O'Quinn <michael_at_oquinn.info>
To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 3:36 AM

Recorder.

| > > Ah, in my case its an AJBR with 6 Gig HD.
| >
| > Please don't do the lightbulb experiment with NiMh batteries. You risk
| > damaging the cells. Not sure if it's a very safe thing to do with any
| > rechargeable, but I do know you should not drain NiMh below 1v/cell.
| >
| > Chris

Could you please explain why this is so? As far as I know, this is only true
for lead acid batteries and in a lesser degree Li-ions. I have drained MANY
NiCd and NiMH cells to nearly zero, and have never noticed a decrease in
performance.

I do know that you shouldn't load NiMHs with large output currents >1C, as
you could NiCds.