dev builds
themes manual
device status forums
mailing lists
IRC bugs
dev guide

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: USB[HP] to USB[Normal] plug ?

Re: USB[HP] to USB[Normal] plug ?

From: BlueChip <>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 12:21:16 +0100

At 03:26 01/07/03 -0700, you wrote:
>The usb cable that comes from Archos is a normal one
>with both ends the same.
>Sometiems, scanners and cameras use a different kind
>of USB cable that is either blocky on one side or very
>I ask this because whenever i go someone's house and
>show them my baby, i want to be able to connect to
>their PC soemtimes, and unless i have the usb cable i
>cant... while most of them have HP printers with the
>blocky usb cable. I was wondering if there is a plug
>in the market which can be out onto the blocky side of
>the USB and be converted into the normal one?
>If such a thing exists, it would be mini like the
>green USB to PS2 converters u get with new mice these days.

Yes, they exist, but the only outlet I know of is on a local industrial
estate ...but they have to be getting them from SOMEWHERE!!

It is a "USB Type-A/Male to Type-B/Female converter"
...A is the flat one, B is the square one
...If you have not come across "male/female" before (in terms of plugs and
sockets) just think about what goes into what ;)
Received on 2003-07-01

Page template was last modified "Tue Sep 7 00:00:02 2021" The Rockbox Crew -- Privacy Policy