dev builds
themes manual
device status forums
mailing lists
IRC bugs
dev guide

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: USB[HP] to USB[Normal] plug ?
From: TP Diffenbach (
Date: 2003-07-01

Quoting BlueChip <>:

> At 03:26 01/07/03 -0700, you wrote:
> >The usb cable that comes from Archos is a normal one
> >with both ends the same.

> Yes, they exist, but the only outlet I know of is on a local industrial
> estate ...but they have to be getting them from SOMEWHERE!!
> It is a "USB Type-A/Male to Type-B/Female converter"
> ...A is the flat one, B is the square one
> ...If you have not come across "male/female" before (in terms of plugs and
> sockets) just think about what goes into what ;)

And the Archos FM uses an A to mini-A.

All of these types of cable (A-A, A-B, A-mini-A) can be purchased at RadioShack in the US. I just bought a six foot (~2 meters) A to mini-A from RadioShack for US $14.99

Cables can also be ordered online.

Archos FM has a Rockbox!

Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew