Subject: Rockbox from flash questions from a user's point of view

Rockbox from flash questions from a user's point of view

From: Tim Elliott <telliott_at_sigecom.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 16:35:48 -0500

This is a feature we are all looking forward to. I'm trying to figure
out how it will work from a user's point of view. We will have a safety
(permanent) copy of Rockbox. I would think that copy wouldn't even need
to play music, just make the unit smart enough to look for firmware on
the hard drive and enable USB in case we need to load firmware, and show
on the screen what's going on.

How will we load firmware, from a special archos.mod,ajbrec.ajz that
checks ROM version and loads another file into ROM? I would assume it
would have to be a version of Rockbox flagged as flashable. I wouldn't
want to try and flash EVERY daily build.

Thanks,
Tim