Subject: NIMH 2200 ma batteries

NIMH 2200 ma batteries

From: Steve McGlinn <stevem_at_gator.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 00:54:29 -0400

Hi!

I purchased a set of Powerex 2200 maH NIMH batteries for use in my ajb
recorder 20. I also got the external charger, which Powerex boasts has "a
unique charging alogorithm that allows the batteries to accept a more
complete charge," yada yada yada....

Here's my question: Since these are 2200maH batteries, and my ajb recorder
20 shipped with 1500 maH batteries, will the ajb charger fully charge these
batteries, or will they be charged only to the capacity of 1500 mah
batteries?

One more lesser question: Is it alright to charge the batteries outside of
the ajb? I ask this because I find that getting the batteries in and out of
the ajb is extremely awkward. They are a tight fit under those rubber
bumpers and I'm afraid I'm going to damage something by repeatedly inserting
and removing them.

thanks!

Steve