Subject: Re: Request for numbered directory list

Re: Request for numbered directory list

From: <stevem_at_gator.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:25:22 -0400 (EDT)

That is a good question. The reason is that the mp3 files I have loaded
weren't named by me; I have 19 CDs of mp3 lecture and music files which
I've loaded to my ajb 20. They didn't come with numbered prefixes in the
names, although that would have been nice.

I've loaded the contents of each CD into its own directory on the Archos.
There are 90-some files in each directory. Without a sequential numbering
of some sort, it's kind of hard to know how far I've gotten in a directory
when I return to it to pick up where I left off after going somewhere else
in my little Archos universe.

Believe me, this is a very minor annoyance. I love this little gadget! But
it would be nice if there was an option to sequentially number the items
in a directory list - without having to modify the filenames.

Thanks!

Steve