Subject: Re: Rockbox void warranty?

Re: Rockbox void warranty?

From: Jean Boullier <jean.boullier_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 05:14:25 +0200

Tony, keep cool...
 From what I have learned on this list the charging process of the FMR
is NOT controlled by Rockbox, it is a hardware feature of the FMR. So if
your batteries are dead Archos may not incriminate Rockbox. Anyway you
should first do what Bjorn advised you to do : plug your FMR to its AC
adapter and forget it for 24 hours. I would be surprised that you could
not at least start it then, even if the batteries are still low. As far
as I can hear when my JBR is idle with its AC adapter plugged on, a
small noise in the box is not abnormal, although I could not explain you
what is causing it... 8-)

Last thing regarding your warranty : nowhere in their documents they say
that you may not put a different firmware on your HD, whether
intentional or not...

Cheers. Jean.

--
Jean Boullier - Rouen - Normandie - France