Subject: Re: Flash Games question...

Re: Flash Games question...

From: <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:06:23 +0200 (MEST)

> I flashed, as posted before, and everything works fine. But when I want
> to start a game, I have an error like - i don't know exactly - '...
> .rockbox/rocks ... error...'
> Does someone know this?

What I distributed wasn't the full package with all the game plugins. Go to
the daily build page and download the "rocks" for the recorder. Copy them to
the directory "/.rockbox/rocks", create that if necessary.

> Another question : Can which files can I delete?
> AJBREC.AJZ_ (I think this should be safe to delete, or not?)
If you want to use the F1-On start, you should leave it, for the Archos
firmeware to load.

> FIRMWARE_REC.BIN
Can be deleted, you've flashed it. That needs to be done only once. (Think
about it as "formatting" your flash.)

> INTERNAL_ROM_0000-FFFF.BIN
Can be deleted.

> INTERNAL_ROM_2000000-203FFFF.BIN
This is the copy of your originanal firmware. Keep it in a safe place, so
you can revert the box to its original state.

> And something else, when I start my flashed Rockboxx, I have the
> starting screen, and after 4 to 5 seconds, I have the icons plus the
> starting screen (the battery/volume/repeat or not/shuffle icons and so
> on) ca. another 4to5 seconds later my AJB works. That'salltogether 10
> Seconds which is still great, but someone know what I can do to speed up
> my AJB20 even more?

That's strange. While the logo is visible, Rockbox waits for your HD to get
ready. When that's gone, it should be operational. How does this compare to
startup with F1-On? Do you have a very excessive root directory?

Jörg