Subject: Re: Feature request: Virtual Playlists

Re: Feature request: Virtual Playlists

From: Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:26:22 +0200

Jean Boullier <jean.boullier_at_wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Since mp3DirectCut (freeware) does a lot of things with cue sheets
> (including their creation) with only 42,016 bytes (under Windows!) the
> size of the code should not be a problem in Rockbox. However the
> processing time and the memory size would probably be a serious
> handicap in the Jukeboxes.

I don't know the details about cue sheets, but augmenting playlists
with an offset and duration would have a neglectable overhead.

> I would rather advise you to use mp3DirectCut in your PC

I hate it when people assume that every PC is running Windows.

> to slice your big file into small ones (easier to handle) which can
> be chained seamlessly thanks to a small playlist or an appropriate
> naming scheme.

I've heard some people say you cannot cut into parts that can be
played seamlessly, while some other people say you can. I've tried
several techniques and did manage to get some tracks played
seamlessly, but not all of them.

-- Johan