Subject: Re: RE: Feature request: Virtual Playlists

Re: RE: Feature request: Virtual Playlists

From: anmelden <anmelden_at_oleco.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 9:19:25 +0100

>Having one file per song makes organisation easier, too.
I don't see that point. Having 100 files instead of 10 big files doesn't make it easier I think...

>What do you need the original recording for?
Example: When I record a DJ-Set of mine and want to give it to someone as a present, I burn it on CD.
When I have splitted up my mp3, the mp3 playback might be gapless, but after converting it to WAV and burning it you will notice small gaps between the tracks. This doesn't happen if you have one big WAV and burn it to CD via cuesheet.

>It's no problem to load the cuesheet and navigate to the single
>tracks in winamp and it wouldn't be a problem in rockbox either
So why not add cuesheet support as an extra option if it doesn't hurt anyone?