Subject: Re: Help please! Rockbox work with this? It is a multimedia unit?

Re: Help please! Rockbox work with this? It is a multimedia unit?

From: Nix <nix_at_esperi.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 08:56:24 +0100

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Sharon uttered the following:
> Well, we get sent home early a lot, unfortunately, so the shift CAN be only 4-6 hours. My illustration was meant to mean that the
> batteries could die in the middle of a shift and leave me in silence for the duration. I always thought you had to run batteries
> down all the way before recharging them or you gave them some kind of "memory" that lessened their life. Evidently technology has
> progressed past that point... (o:

Li-ions have progressed past it. NiMH still suffers from a memory
effect, but it's not very large (nothing like NiCad's).

--
`We cannot get a new line down the pipe due to a blockage and we cannot
 dig up the road to clear the blockage because it is covered with the