Subject: Re: The Rockbox Desktop Tool - a proposal

Re: The Rockbox Desktop Tool - a proposal

From: mourad jaber <mjaber_at_centralpay.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:04:43 +0200

As it must be multi-platform, what's about starting a java project ?
The only thing is that I think rockbox will not be accessible directly
by usb because it's only recognized as an USB hd and rockbox entered in
passive mode when plugged on USB...

- tells you what version of rockbox you're running
Difficult, if flashed -> impossible I think...

- if theres an update available
Easy if you log the version history

- updates rockbox
just a file copy for none flashed rockbox but more difficult for flashed one ( need an auto flasher on reload or on unplug if you want to automize it...)

- what language(s) you're running
I don't know if possible

- handling of configs
just file reading...

- handling of WPS-files
It can be a idea to integrate the wps editor applet

- what plugins you have installed
need to read rocks

- right now I also see the need for a gui for descramble and uclpack, but that is maybe just a passing state
I don't understand that point, sorry

- im sure there are tons of other problems that this software could
solve
Yes, verifing mp3 before copying it on the archos hd, for exemple... or synchronizing archos hd with a local hd...

Mourad