Subject: Re: Fwd:Jukebox Recorder stops working after 36 hours or so

Re: Fwd:Jukebox Recorder stops working after 36 hours or so

From: Jean Boullier <jean.boullier_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:39:26 +0200

If the hospitals in your area buy their 24/7 equipments with the same
level of "professionalism" as this guy I sincerely advise you to never
need to go there.... 8-)

Anyway with the poor problem report that this guy has given one cannot
say that the JB stopped working, it probably just stopped and just
needed to be restarted, as any DP system which has not been specidically
designed for 24/7 usage. The MTBF of any HD nowadays is by far superior
to the MTBF of a complete application including hardware and software if
it has not been designed for an (apparently) continuous availability..

Personally I would not even give a single euro to a lawyer for filing
such a case...
Jean.

--
Jean Boullier - Rouen - Normandie - France