RE: Forum vs. Mailinglist

From: Andreas Stemmer <groovingandi_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:05:08 +0200

Meirion Williams wrote:
> Also it would mean that it would be easier for a new person to just
> drop in and find out the answers to any Rockbox problems they may be
> having.

The complete mail archives can be found on the rockbox site if somebody
wants to browse through them.

> No need to sign up and get every post in your inbox etc, you
> can just browse around a bit and leave a message if need be.

If you want to ask questions and don't want to have the other posts in
your inbox, use a free mail provider and throw all incoming messages
away. At the beginning, anybody was able to post on this list, but there
were too many feature requests and other posts that have been discussed
a hundred times before. I think Björn or Daniel decided to allow only
subscribers to post, just to have a small inhibition threshold and
prevent unnecessary traffic.
And of course there's the newsgroup for those who hate mailing lists,
look at my other post in this thread.

Andreas Stemmer