Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: Re: Forum vs. Mailinglist
Re: Re: Forum vs. Mailinglist
From: anmelden <anmelden_at_oleco.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:36:33 +0100
on the other hands, forums have big advantages, too
- categories (e.g. Requests, Code Discussions, FAQ etc.) at a glance (if done smartly they also prevent the information to get cluttered in endless topics)
- easily searchable for both subject & message (!!!) - stops silly double postings and stuff. right now, I can't search anything at all at once
- upload of small files is easily done
- important aspects or always reoccurring questions can be handled via "announcements" or "sticky threads"
- no stress with bounced adresses, double/triple/quadruple emails and stuff like that....
>"Tom Sustins" <tom.sustins_at_bbc.co.uk> writes:
>> I support this 200
>> Mailing lists suck
>Decent mail programs can put all messages from a given origin (e.g.
>rockbox) in a separate folder, and sort them by thread. Voilą, your
Received on 2003-07-17
Page was last modified "Sat May 23 08:12:40 2020" The Rockbox Crew