Rockbox mail archiveSubject: RE: cue-sheet support
RE: cue-sheet support
From: Andreas Stemmer <groovingandi_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:32:38 +0200
> ...gapless sound...
> So once again, could someone please....?
to make it short, there are two possibilities:
1) - Rip your CD as one big wav-file and cuesheet
- Convert this wav-file to mp3 (this all can be done via "copy image
and create cuesheet - compressed" in EAC)
- split your mp3 on frame boundaries using MP3DirectCut, MP3Splitter
or something similar (MP3DirectCut splits it on frame boundaries
according to the cuesheets and inserts the title information as tags)
- if you use VBR, the VBR header has to be updated for each track (I
don't know if MP3DirectCut does this already) using VBRFix or
- et voilá: play the files with rockbox gaplessly
2) The lame --gapless option does work, but you have to convert all
wav-files of the single tracks in one batch, converting each single file
with --gapless won't work, therefore it's a bit more complicated.
I use number 1), it works perfect and is not as much work as it seems to
be, just a few mouseclicks.
Btw: Should this become a FAQ entry, too?
Received on 2003-07-18