Subject: Flashing the FM Recorder and USB Charging

Flashing the FM Recorder and USB Charging

From: Daniel Nguyen (rockbox) <"Daniel>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 02:05:38 -0500

Before I go ahead and flash my Jukebox FM Recorder, I was wondering if replacing the ROM affects the USB charging capability??? I've charged my FM Recorder via the USB cable before and don't want to lose this functionality. Have any of you that has flashed notice this feature affected?

I was reading the FAQ over at archos and from it, it seems that it's purely a hardware function, but I'm not positive:
Q: My Jukebox FM Recorder is charging when I have the USB connected, is this normal?
        A: Yes, your Jukebox FM Recorder has a specially designed USB power circuit that allows your unit to charge its batteries from the power supplied by the USB connection. Another Archos exclusive!

- Daniel