Subject: RE: cue-sheet support

RE: cue-sheet support

From: Andreas Stemmer <groovingandi_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:27:35 +0200

M. Sattelberger wrote:
> Have to check your points. I only tried it with one CD. I used
> MP3DirectCut because MusicCutter does not support Tags. But anyway, I
> want to encode about 500 CDs and just the idea of
> VBRfix-Cutting-VBRfix and converting tags again.....
> If I knew which CDs have joined tracks, but how do you know before
> you hear a gap?

I know this problem. I encoded all my CDs with EAC the normal way first
and later, if I noticed any gaps (or if I knew surely that this was a
live CD) did the more complicated job of ripping the CD gaplessly again.
For the tags: As I reencoded all the live CDs I already had a correctly
tagged mp3 of each song on my hd. I just copied the tags from the old
song to the new ripped, gapless version. Only a few mouseclicks with
MP3TagEditor, but still to much work... :-(
I'm sorry, I don't have any better solution right now...

Andreas Stemmer