Subject: Re: Possible bugs?

Re: Possible bugs?

From: Rob <rob.ward_at_paradise.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:05:15 +1200

Ok, This may be the problem. In the folder "The Creme of Eric Clapton",
there are 17 songs and 34 files. All files have their proper names AND
another modified file. eg. For the song "Layla" I have "._01 Layla.mp3"
and then 17 places further down the list "01 Layla.mp3". Every song has
the same deal.

Now. the "._01 Layla.mp3" file is 1k in size according to windows
explorer and contains 'garbage' if opened in a text editor and at the
end of the file the characters "MPG3hook" appear. The "01 Layla.mp3"
file is about 10MB in size.

I can play the "01 Layla.mp3" file easily, but the "._01 Layla.mp3" file
seems to confuse Rockbox.

So, what is the ._ file? Is it generated by Rockbox or by a ripper program?

TIA.

Rob