Subject: Re: Flash Games question...

Re: Flash Games question...

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:42:51 +0200

svante t wrote:
> It would be even better if Rockbox itself could browse by ID3-tags...
> but I guess that would need a whole new way of browsing, more like
> playlists. I guess some kind of index software could do the hard work
> on the computer and then copy them to the arhcos. Im just babbling
> here obviously...

Feature request #613544 describes an ID3 database, which is precisely what is necessary for browsing tags. It has raised priority to indicate this is an issue we (core developers) feel would be valuable.

The trick is to design a database/file format that is quickly searchable while requiring a minimum of ram used. (I.e. waste disk space if it saves ram use and/or increases speed.)

--
Björn