Subject: RE: Flash Games question...

RE: Flash Games question...

From: Bob Allsopp <rda_at_atduk.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:09:39 +0100

Feature request #613544 describes an ID3 database - I use some software
which does exactly this: http://www.jukebox.btinternet.co.uk
I have a 90gig approx mp3 collection at home running on a dedicated DIY mp3
stereo. This jukebox software takes about 5 seconds to search the
15meg(approx) database using any ID3 criteria, and then allows you to search
these results to refine your choice, if required.
I now nothing about the database used - but the author Andy Chandler is very
friendly and may be able to point someone in the right direction?
Bob

Owen Sebastian Hofmann wrote:
> I was toying with something like this a while ago. By imposing the
> limitation that all database entries are the same size, the file on the
> disk can be binary searched without any buffering and with relatively
> little disk access. I kinda lost interest, having got it to the point
> where it found stuff, but didn't actually do anything with it.

Sounds like a fair starting point. Have you published the code anywhere?

--
Björn
---