Subject: Re:

Re:

From: ajf <ajf_at_midmaine.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:06:01 -0400

I use a cassette adapter in the car, and it works well enough.
The cheap FM modulators are not worth the money.

With the extended service option, Circuit City will have to deal with Archos
or another repair facility. That is almost worth the price, because the
physical quality of the Archos units is poor and their support is worse.
I've had two of these fail for different mechanical (not firmware) reasons,
one just after the 90 day warranty expired, and the other (bought at CC)
within warranty. CC couldn't help me and referred me to Archos; I'm still
on hold.

There are unauthorized but competent third party repair services, but they
are not cheap either.

You should also understand that the terms of the Archo warranty as currently
displayed on their website state that installation of any unauthorized
software voids the warranty.