Subject: Re: Archos warranty and Rockbox

Re: Archos warranty and Rockbox

From: ajf <ajf_at_midmaine.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:46:26 -0400

Jean, I agree that removing Rockbox from the disk on an unflashed unit
before sending it back will avoid any issue of warranty coverage.

In my case, the Archos failed to boot with a HD register error, and I can't
even get USB connected long enough to erase Rockbox.

I don't mean to suggest that there is any way using Rockbox could damage the
Archos hardware, but if Archos wants to make that case, I would not be able
to refute it.

Given their awful customer service and the high failure rate of their
equipment, I assume that Archos would construe their warranty in the most
restrictive way possible, to minimize their exposure.

Allen