Subject: Re: Dynamic playlist viewer

Re: Dynamic playlist viewer

From: Michael O'Quinn <michael_at_oquinn.info>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:14:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Hardeep Sidhu wrote:

> I've submitted a patch that implements a basic viewer for the current
> playing playlist at: http://tinyurl.com/i506 (sourceforge.net). Any and
> all feedback would be greatly appreciated. For those of you who are
> interested in the feature but don't want to compile your own version,
> pre-built binaries can be found at:
> http://hardeeps.freeshell.org/viewer/.

Slick, very slick.

I just grabbed the player binary, since I'm leaving on a day trip to Mt.
Rainier in a little bit. (Actually an Afternoon, Trip, the way it's
looking...)

I like what I see. I'll play more today.

Would it be possible to integrate this idea in the On-Play menu. We now
have at least three things we can do from the WPS:

(1) Hit "On" to see and navigate the HD Directories, and change the
currently playing song.

(2) Hit "On-Play" and manipulate the current playlist via the Playlist
option.

(3) Use this new patch to manipulate the playlist.

How hard would it be to integrate (2) and (3)? I'm haven't entirely
thought through whether or not that entirely makes sense from a usability
point, but my initial gut feeling says "yes."

Again, I'll play around today, and please don't take this suggestion as
a criticism.

Thanks for the work!
Michael