Subject: Re: Possible hardware problem

Re: Possible hardware problem

From: Wesley Simon <wsimon_at_lsil.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:26:09 -0500

Brian,

I had a problem with my player (5 GB version) and I also had the
warranty with Best Buy. They were pretty much clueless when it came to
figuring out if it had a problem. They exchanged it without much
questioning. I also was able to move from the player to the 20 GB
recorder version during the transaction. The 20 GB recorder was in an
open box. The box was open but the package inside had never been
opened. Turns out that the box only contained the Mac software, so
someone returned it for the Windows version. They gave me the "open
box" version and refunded ~$40. When you buy their warranties, they
work very hard to make sure you are happy. I actually tried talking
them into trading me for an iPod, but they weren't going for that. It
doesn't look like you have any room to upgrade, but you are in an
excellent position to negotiate yourself a better deal on something
from Best Buy.

Wes