Subject: Re: othelo bug

Re: othelo bug

From: scott <die_pokemon_die123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:20:39 -0700 (PDT)

--- BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net> wrote:
> A simple matter of pride on my behalf - if I can reproduce it myself, it
> will be solved!
> Sadly without putting it in 2-humans mode and listing every move, I can
> think of no way work it out!
> Let me get this straight:
> If (a human player fills the last avaialable square on the board) then (the
> cursor pops up to request the next (impossible) move) ??

maybe the bug just doesnt exist in human vs human mode, i've never played it.

i play against the computer. theres an even number of squares, so at turn 65 (theres 64 squares,
right?) when all the squares are full, and that's when the curson pops up. assuming human goes
first, it will happen every game. you could add a work around by counting how many moves there
have been and automatically ending after 64, but theres still a bug if the human player has to
moves and can still go (i think).

-scott