Subject: Re: othelo bug

Re: othelo bug

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 01:49:52 +0100

At 17:20 28/07/03 -0700, you wrote:
>--- BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net> wrote:
> > A simple matter of pride on my behalf - if I can reproduce it myself, it
> > will be solved!
> > Sadly without putting it in 2-humans mode and listing every move, I can
> > think of no way work it out!
> > Let me get this straight:
> > If (a human player fills the last avaialable square on the board) then
> (the
> > cursor pops up to request the next (impossible) move) ??
>
>maybe the bug just doesnt exist in human vs human mode, i've never played it.
>
>i play against the computer. theres an even number of squares, so at turn
>65 (theres 64 squares,
>right?) when all the squares are full, and that's when the curson pops up.
>assuming human goes
>first, it will happen every game. you could add a work around by counting
>how many moves there
>have been and automatically ending after 64, but theres still a bug if the
>human player has to
>moves and can still go (i think).
>
>-scott

AHHHHHHHHHHHH GOTIT - And I JUST uploaded v1.3 - poo!
version 1.4 on it's way...
...if you enable ANY form of help (ie h-1 "show valid moves") it does not
happen
...i will fix it and upload it here before the night is out :)

Cheers dude :-),

BC

I owe you a pint for finding a bug in my code - I believe that's the
standard deal?