Subject: Re: Flashing JBR20 - current builds

Re: Flashing JBR20 - current builds

From: John Stevenson <steveo1967_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:36:17 +0100 (BST)

 --- idc-dragon_at_gmx.de wrote: > > The question I have
is how do I now take the
> lastest
> > build and add that to the flash? I have tried
> > following the instructions but each time I attempt
> > use the flash plug-in it says incorrect version. I
> am
> > still tying to figure out what files I need on the
> > JBR, such as do I need the .ucl file, do I need to
> > convert the orginal ajbrec.ajz.
>
> I will add a paragraph in the instructions about
> this mismatch. In a way
> it's in there but obviously not clear enough.
> The plugin API did change often in the past, making
> the plugins incompatible
> every few days or so. The Rockbox image in my flash
> package is horribly
> outdated, but sufficient for the job.
> The important thing is that you always need the
> plugin matching the Rockbox
> version you're currently running. So, in order to
> update, you need the _old_
> plugin, not the latest you've just downloaded, or
> rolo the new Rockbox before
> working with the plugins. The latter is the easy way
> to achieve this without
> carefully keeping the plugins.
>
> > Also have a little ATA error -32 if I try to
> switch
> > off with mains apdapter plugged in. Build no.
> > 030714-2313.
>
> That's because the version in your flash is ancient,
> will disappear with the
> current builds.
>
> Jörg
>
> --
Ok if I have got this right then the following
instructions should work: (Feel free to cut and paste
into your documentation!)

1) Download the full daily build (Zip file)
2) Download the daily UCL file (same day as full
build)
3) Upzip full build into default directories on JBR
4) Copy UCL file to Root
5) ROLO the new ajbrec.ajz file
6) Run the flash plugin

Thanks for your help will give it a try later when I
get home.