Subject: Re: Testers wanted: up to 50% greater battery life

Re: Testers wanted: up to 50% greater battery life

From: John Stevenson <steveo1967_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:45:16 +0100 (BST)

I am interested but have a couple of questions for
you.

1) How will we know the time it will switch off, I
would intend to leave mine running overnight, since I
use it on the train during the day (a two hours each
way commute). I do not suppose you want us to sit and
wait (the phrase a watched pan never boils springs to
mind.) (Maybe add a setting that can time the number
of hours unit is on, against battery capacity)

2) I have two sets of batteries running in my JBR20,
the orginal set (1500) and a 1700 set. Which I swop
and change using a fast charger - will this make a
difference? Or would you want test results for both
sets?

3) Will it be flash compatible, or will be need to
ROLO to use it and will that effect the results?

4) Your testing would not be 'real life' based,
people do not use their player in that way. Might be
best to time over normal usage - more people could
take part then. The normal stuff such as switching
on, off, (which uses more battery power) creating
queues and just playing with it, that way you will get
a more realistic set of metrics.

regards

John