Subject: ata -52

ata -52

From: scott <die_pokemon_die123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

last night i decided to find out the voltage at which my FMR would die (~2v, same as everyone
else), and forgot to plug in the charger last night. so this morning i plugged it in and left it
on the charging screen for about 10 minutes, then hit 'on' because i wanted to check something.
rockbox started to load, and then i get ata error -52, press on to debug. so i pressed on, and
figured that the error had to do with the battery only have 2.2V in it. i pressed off and got
panic -52, and it just flashed the red light at me while i held off for a while. i held off again
and it shut down. rebooted, no problems, but hardeep though i should mention it (i was on IRC when
it happened).

on an unrelated note, i think someone said charging would take longer on the battery debug screen
because the battery updates a lot, but doesn't it update just as much in the charging screen? i
would expect the charging screen to go faster, not slower. maybe this isn't an issue, i havn't
tested.

-scott