Subject: Re: Othelo v1.4 + Documentation

Re: Othelo v1.4 + Documentation

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:03:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, BlueChip wrote:

> >Uh, diff please? Patch tracker?
>
> Only doing what was asked of me.
> Anybody else got any requests?

I'm not writing this to whine. I really appriciate your code and efforts.

Actually, the CONTRIBUTE docs mention posting diffs to the patch tracker as
the way to contribute code to the project.

The reason I insist on this practise is both for your sake and for the sake of
the ones who'll do the CVS operations:

  Contributors such as yourself tend to not like it when your efforts are
  forgotten or seemingly being ignored. This happens very easily when you
  post patches to the list only, as we're a high volume list with lots of
  traffic which makes it very easy to miss single patches.

  Having all the patches and code contributions in the patch tracker allows
  us to manage them much easier: they're not forgotten, we can prioritize
  them, we can assign them to a certain developer, etc.