Subject: Re: Seen in IRC

Re: Seen in IRC

From: TP Diffenbach <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:54:47 -0400

Quoting David McIntyre <plugh_at_mudbarn.com>:

> If I'm going for max battery life, the peakmeter, progress bar, and elapsed
> time could all be sacrificed.
> The area of most concern would be the battery indicator. Did you intend to
> eliminate that? The numeric display would certainly require more frequent
> updates than the bar graph, but I could imagine certain points in the
> discharge
> cycle where it would update multiple times in a short time frame. It's not
> going to be a terrible drain on the battery, but defeats the purpose of
> eliminating or reducing the frequency of battery-expensive screen updates.

My intention in the first cut is to eliminate all screen updates. This includes battery and clock.

Here's my thinking: my archos, when playing, is usually in the supplaied carrying bag. Or it's sitting on my desk. Whichever, I'm not staring at it, like a Cyclon with my cyclopean eye swinging back and forth in time to the scrolling track name.--
Archos FM has a Rockbox!