Subject: Re: daily zips (was: Re: .rockbox/fonts and .rockbox/languages)

Re: daily zips (was: Re: .rockbox/fonts and .rockbox/languages)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 00:24:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, Remo Hofer wrote:

> Nice. I'm sorry to come up with these remarks one after the other, but I've
> got another point:

No worries. All good ideas are still good, even if they don't come all at
once! ;-)

> In .rockbox/docs you've added most of the user docs also available
> from <http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/>.

In fact, I checked which docs that were included in the 2.0 release and
included the same ones.

> I guess, these are ment to be readable with the textviewer plugin.

Not really, they are better read on a PC...

> But the most usefull file for this purpose
> <http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/Help-JBR.txt> resp.
> <http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/Help-Stu.txt> is not available.

I've just now modified the script to include these ones too now. I also did a
rename in a manner similar to your following suggestion.

> BTW. Do we really need the other download options like mod, ajz, rock, and
> ucl, if we just can get the full download with everything included? I don't
> think that download size and handling make a big difference.

Before I do this, I'll investigate a little on the frequency of downloads and
how large amounts that are being downloaded today. But in general I think I
agree with you that at least the rocks and the ucl packages can be removed.