Subject: Re: USB on the go

Re: USB on the go

From: Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:43:45 +0200 (CEST)

"mrlipring" <mrlipring_at_tiscali.co.uk> writes:

> Why hasn't someone made a little thing that works as a master, with several
> usb ports, and a screen from which you can initiate file transfers between
> devices? It shouldn't be too hard to make, or expensive.

This triggers one of the 'ridiculous ideas' I've had for a while now:
would it be possible to have the Archos JB act as a master? I know
it's a slave, and the USB handling is done by the hardware, and I
don't expect RockBox to do it. But would it be possible to write a
different OS for the AJB that can be run (ROLO-ed) from RockBox and can
control the USB as a master device?

-- Johan