Subject: RE: USB on the go

RE: USB on the go

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:26:21 -0400

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:44:34 +0100, Pedro Clemente wrote:
> Someone already posted here an external device that can connect two
> slave usb devices.
> I'm sorry i don't rebember the name of the product nor it's brand. I
> remeber seeing on their site that common application for it was
> connecting a zaurus pda to some other slave usb device, like for
> example, a usb disk.

It was a USB host Compact Flash card, I believe.
Look here: http://www.interpocket.co.uk/

> Of course, at the mention of zaurus, linux comes to mind... Would it
> work with any device?

It works on iPAQs running Linux, and the Zaurus which runs Linux "out of
the box". They are supposedly working on WinCE drivers as well, but no
release dates.

> I don't have the answer for that, nor did they on theyr site, so i let
> it be for a while...

Looks like it could be a working setup. An iPAQ or Zaurus with a 20G or
larger HDD would be kind of handy. :)

Chris