Subject: Re: semi OT: MP3 splitter

Re: semi OT: MP3 splitter

From: F. Andres <planet77_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 02:35:30 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neon John" <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 6:52 PM

> Kewl. I should have figured that pearl would do it :-)
>
> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:57:25 +0200 (CEST), Johan Vromans
> <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl> wrote:
>
> >Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net> writes:
> >
> >> I'm looking for an MP3 file splitter that can take a directory or
list full of
> >> large MP3s and split them into specified size smaller files.
I've looked at
> >> several that I've found by searching but they all have the
problem of only
> >> doing one file at a time. And most want a frame count or size
specification
> >> and not a time spec. I can do the math but it's a pain. I'd
appreciate any
> >> recommendation of a program that I can point at, say, a directory
of audio
> >> book files and can split all the large files into, say, 10 minute
chunx.

> >Take a look at http://search.cpan.org/search?query=mp3cut&mode=all
.

> >-- Johan

Hi!

There is a programm called mp3trackmaker. If you don't find it I can
send it to you. You need winamp 2.x, too.
It needs no intallation it runs just as one file. You have the choice
between two actions. You can, for example if you have a full cd as
one track, grab the winamp positions, this means everytime you are
between a song in the "silence part" while playing the large mp3 file
you press this button and if you have done this for example 9 times,
the programm creates 10 tracks. It is a very good programm if you
download full albums, I use it often, but this way only works with
winamp 2.x.
The other way is, you choose the mp3 file and tell the programm
exactly after which time he should cut the fíle. I never tested this
way, but I think if you have a 50 minute file and choose 5 minutes
you'll get 10 files.

Perhaps you can do something with this programm.

Have a nice day
Fred - who never updated his firmware since he flashed his AJR20