Subject: Re: OT: MP3 Silence Trimmer

Re: OT: MP3 Silence Trimmer

From: Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:08:21 +0200

"Benjamin" <mailinglists_at_samuraipanda.com> writes:

> I've got a series of converted-to-MP3 files that I bought from buymusic.com.
> They are from a live album. Each tracks ends with about 4 seconds of silence,
> which interrupts the flow of the album. Does anyone know of a utility that
> will trim trailing or leading silence from a MP3?

I've asked a similar question[1] some time ago. The bottom line is that
there are tools that can reduce the silence but you'll never get rid
of the discontinuity when playing.
For uninterrupted playing, the CD needs to be ripped in a special way[2].

-- Johan

[1] http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-06/0538.shtml
[2] http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-07/0524.shtml