Subject: Re: Config file question

Re: Config file question

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:32:01 -0400

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 05:21:14 -0700 (PDT), Hue Beavers wrote:
> Pardon if this question is answered in the list elsewhere (I haven't
> found it if it is).
>
> Is there a means for the Rockbox configuration to 'remember' which
> audio input is selected each time it reboots without having to manually
> select & execute a .cfg file? Would like the Archos unit (recorder) to
> boot up with SP/DIF input instead of mic. Have changed and saved a
> configuration file that does this. Is there a 'master' config file
> elsewhere that is executed each time unit boots up?

Interesting, I just tested this and it seems to be true that the Source
setting is not saved.

The only info I can personally give is that pressing F3 while in the
recording screen allows you to instantly change the source, so if you
don't discover a permanent solution right away, perhaps this will ease the
pain.

> Currently using Archos Recorder w/ Rockbox O.S. (w/external mic preamp
> to SP/DIF) to replace failing Minidisc units for sports/actualities
> field reporters at a radio station .

Now that is interesting. S/PDIF from a mic? I assume the preamp is a bit
more than a preamp, and it provides A/D conversion as well? Sounds nifty!
 :)

> Thanks for response/interest.

Well, I hope one of the devs or rockbox gurus will be able to provide you
with a better solution, but I just wanted to point out the quick menu and
ask you about that mic setup.

Chris