Subject: Re: Spot is held captive by Windows!

Re: Spot is held captive by Windows!

From: John Stevenson <steveo1967_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:44:05 +0100 (BST)

If you can connect your jukebox to the computer and
view your books on the PC - can you see what size
these files are? I book will be above 2mb - whilst a
playlist could be about 1kb. You may have copied your
playlist not your books.

Formatting your drive might be a good idea just to
check it is working correctly - then just add one book
to the main(root) directory and see if you can play
that. It that plays ok - install rockbox again and
see if that will still play your file - one stage
further if that works.

Regarding batteries - when you are connected to your
PC with the jukebox - do you have your mains adapator
plugged in? If not please make sure you do -
accessing the jukebox on your computer takes a lot of
power! The worse think to happen would be for the
batteries to fail when transferring files - I had this
happen to me!! One re-format later!

regards

John

Will think about the other issue with XP - I have
tested mine on most versions of windows - apart from
NT (sic) and not had a problem - but not had external
USB drives. Do you need this external drives or can
you use the PC without them? If you do not need them
try unplugging them and using the Jukebox - that way
you can see if there is a conflict with the drives.