Subject: Misc questions + fading patch

Misc questions + fading patch

From: Eric Lassauge <lassauge_at_mail.dotcom.fr>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:45:41 +0200

        Hi everybody, I have several questions/remarks regarding
the latest (daily) versions:

- messages in plugins: what is the prefered (?) method for
translating the messages in the plugins: main .lang file
(and use the str() function in the plugin code) or a
lang file for each plugin ? I think nothing was said on the list
for that.

- I thought by reading the mailing list that the plugins could
be accessed through a generated runtime menu, how can this be
achieved ? All that I could do is "play" the .rockbox/rocks/<name>.rock
file :-<

- several strings are #defined or hardcoded in the code in several places:
for example:
        - favorites.h: FAVORITES_FILE ,
        - playlist_menu.c:DEFAULT_PLAYLIST_NAME,
        - tree.c:"root"
Is'nt it better to have them in the lang file or in the configuration
options ?

- francais.lang is rather obsolete (I didn't send my version of this file
because
I modified it for the player 11 cells LCD)

- I was wondering if many people use the "volume fade" options. For this I
put
a patch on sourceforge (see
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=792502&group_id=443
06&atid=439120 ) to extend this behaviour for the next/previous
song actions. Did you find this usefull ?

| Eric Lassauge <lassauge_at_mail.dotcom.fr>       |
|               http://lassauge.free.fr/        |