Subject: early adopter needed for player flashing

early adopter needed for player flashing

From: <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:15:43 +0200 (MEST)

Hi again,

I need a volunteer for flashing the players, since I don't have access to
those.
First I'd like to do the "new" player, one with firmware later than 4.51.
When this is clear, somebody's "old" player is needed, too.

For the chance that something goes wrong, you should be able to do the UART
boot mod which in turn requires the serial mod (and having a level converter,
of course). I don't think mishap is likely, but just in case. I'm
documenting the mod right now, have in the past only talked about it.

Thanks for daring,
Jörg