Subject: Re: NEWKEYS

Re: NEWKEYS

From: Will <alphamal_at_flash.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 13:12:09 -0500

In my opinion the ideal interface design would have each of the interface
components defined as functions/modules/blocks of code then a simple
interface menu to call these pieces of code. That way the pieces could go
together like legos and everyone with even a little bit of computer
knowledge could build an interface to suit them.

For instance, if I wanted the play button to put a song at the front of the
current playlist and start playing it now, I could just put the "insert at
the top" code from the onplay menu and drop it in the menu under the play
control. If I wanted to redeifne the F2 or F3 functions as, for instance
Keylock, I could go to the section of the menu code where the function key
is called and drop the keylock code in there and have one button keylock.

I know this is a somewhat simplistic description of a more complex concept,
but if it could be implemented it would provide a fully customizable user
interface. I would be happy to help but I haven't done any real
programming in several years and my skills are extremely rusty at best.

Will