Subject: Re: Sound back in both ears! What is a cfg file?

Re: Sound back in both ears! What is a cfg file?

From: scott <die_pokemon_die123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 23:14:32 -0700 (PDT)

--- Sharon <sharon25_at_cox.net> wrote:
> What is that "write cfg file" option for? Does it maybe store all the
> settings I want?

that option writes all the options to a .cfg file. you could make one yourself in notepad, if you
really wanted to. after you pick the filename you want it gets created in /.rockbox

> I finally figured out that I had to make a playlist of all the
> chapters of a book inside a particular folder. I had 10 folders for
> 10 books and I finished the first one at work. But it didn't
> automatically start playing the next book like it would on a CD. I
> could see the folders listed, but when I used any key and combination
> I could think of to get inside the folder and play the first chapter,
> nothing showed on the screen. Once I did something, I think it was
> called "make playlist", the chapters in the folder all showed up and
> I got the 2nd book to play. I was thrilled, but not quite sure I
> could repeat it when the 2nd book is done!
>
> Is it better to just drag all the files for multiple books onto the
> Jukebox without having each book in a folder? Does that make life
> easier for "see Spot run" kind of users?

so you have all the chapters of each book in their own directory, and when the first directory
ends, you want it to automatically start the second dir? one option would be to add the next
directory to the end of the current playlist, by going to the dir browser (on) and selecting the
next directory with up/down, then using the on+play (hold on, and press play) menu, and go to
playlist>insert. you should then get a message that says 'adding ## files to playlist' that counts
up until it's added them all.

or you could just make a playlist with all the files and use the 'follow playlist' and 'resume'
options.

-scott